Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Barbie

She is an American icon, a business phenomenon and a real doll. Since her introduction on March 9, 1959, Mattel has sold more than 1 billion Barbie dolls, nearly 100 million of those last year alone. She is the ultimate career woman (108 different jobs); a strong, single woman (she dumped Ken in 2004); and a three-time presidential candidate. Along the way she has fired the ambitions of countless little girls.

Here is the limited edition 50th Birthday Barbie. She is smoking hot!
Barbie. My favorite childhood toy. I am in the midst of organizing (or at least planing to) over 50 of my own Barbies. This post is a tribute to her and all the good times we had. And let me tell you, I am still an avid toy collector and I am just dying to get my hands on the Lily Munster Limited Edition Barbie. She is a grip of money and very hard to find. And I can't afford her on Ebay. Blah. But I can dream about her sitting in my office one day! Or my trophy case!
Source: Forbes Magazine

No comments: