Sunday, April 22, 2012

Studio Visit with Mad Steez

Stoked to finally get a post up. I have been so busy with my new job at Neff Headwear that haven't really had time to blog it up so here we go...

As part of my new position at Neff, I was asked to go down South for a studio visit with artist Mad Steez. It was such an honor to hang out with him for a couple hours while my friend Tal and I interviewed him for the viral video that I posted below which highlights his piece in Sesame Street, an art show presented by The Seventh Letter and Neff Headwear benefiting the City of Hope's Pediatrics.  Here are a couple of shots I took in the studio...
Mad Steez is famous for his characters whom he calls Weens... This is a whole wall of Weens.
Paint everywhere
Mad Steez, the man behind the art direction of BL!SSS Mag and much more


His work space
Joey video taping Mad Steez for the vid
SKILLZ


Random findings in his studio


Tal playin' dress up

Getting ready for the interview 


Sesame Street:
Presented by The Seventh Letter & Neff Headwear
Benefiting City of Hope’s Department of Pediatrics

Show runs April 28-April 29, 2012

Known Gallery
441 North Fairfax Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
knowngallery.com

Hope to see you there! xoxo

No comments: