Tuesday, February 24, 2009

snkr frkr x crsvr

I was going through old old (and i mean old) cds this morning and loaded some onto my itunes. I loaded up some illmatic and was instantly brought back to the days of boys, blunts, and my all time fav class of sneaker the nike air max ('95 to '97). I started to cruise the net for pics of my old friends and of course I ended up on my fav sneaker site sneakerfreaker.com. I came across this online sneaker mag about a year ago, and since that time they have really stepped their game up. It's by far the most comprehensive sneaker site out there and they make easy to locate most if not all the sneakers featured on the site. Here is my current fantasy item...it's from a recent collection of nike "hybrids" released over the past year. This sneaker is what I imagine a hybrid of street's disciple and kayla would look like in the physical form. Now can we expect a real life collabo between my two favorite militants...a girl can only dream.



SNEAKER FREAKER SKATE SHOES

Here are some other highlights from the sneaker freaker features. This one is from the article about the history of skate shoes. With recent attention being brought the history of the skate industry, this is specific approach should interest every one of you. Because you know you've owned at least one pair of vans or airwalks in you lifetime (even I had a pair of sweet burgundy patent airwalks back in the day).



CUSTOM SNEAKER FREAK GUIDE


And here is a snap shot of my favorite article in this issue of sneaker freaker, the customer sneaker guide. That's right a customer sneaker guide with all the steps and instructions to customize your own sneakers. This is moving to the top of my to do list, and I encourage you to do the same. I mean what's a personal brand without your own sneaker? Do work.

Finally, I want to give a some credit to our local sneaker freaker heads at CRSVR. They are definitely holding down in the 805 and they deserve mad respect. I think it's important to support legit local business and this is definitely one of them. They are having there GRAND OPENING (and three month anniversary) this Thursday at Tonic. Join this facebook group to get on the list.
See you there. One.

2 comments:

Caterina said...

love it. do work on your personal brand! steppin up the game!! good shit

dirtycash said...

oh snaps............ Good post....

I have to get back into the custom kicks thing......Anyone need custom dunks painted???