Friday, March 29, 2013

SXSW Day 5:: Roaming 6th & JT

After spending a week in Austin, Helen and I got into a routine with the local juice spot down the street. Juicing has become one of my favorite past times and the recipes at Juice Land were to die for! Check them out here... MMM. After getting our morning juice and heading over to eat, we got our shit together and headed out to the festivities.  I knew it was going to be a long night because Justin Timberlake was playing the 3rd Secret Myspace Show at The Copper Tank and I didn't want to miss it.  I spent most of the afternoon fashion gazing, chatting with other festival goers and waiting in lines everywhere. What a cluster fuck. But it was worth it...  The thing about SXSW is that when a place hits capacity, there is no ins and no one comes out. It doesn't matter if you have a press pass or you are VIP. It is straight fire code. And bigger shows are harder to get into if you don't have a wristband or pass, so you need to get there at least an hour early. Things are also kind of spread apart within an approximate  3 mile radius so a lot of walking and pedi cabs are $10 per person. So it can be pricey and takes a couple of days to figure out. Glad I got it dialed and had the experience, but as compared to other festivals-  I like guaranteed admittance if you are paying more than $300 / ticket and a smaller area so you can get to every show you want to go to, like Outside Lands and Coachella. Best part of SXSW is the people, food, and the big acts in small venues. I really want to go back for Interactive and get more in touch with all the things that are going on in the middle of the day. Hope to go back to Austin again for SXSW! It was great!! Here are a couple of pics I snapped.
Juice Land
Personality
Bobbles everywhere, giving the place great character
6th Street at Dusk
Street Fashion on 6th
Fans waiting outside for JT
All sorts of people there, this outfit was quite the choice, props for pulling it off
These two were adorable, I can't tell you enough how much I love the bright green contrast with the purple!
Pre Going out selfie
Alysha Nett and I at Viceland
The cutest couple at Viceland!
Getting ready for JT with security, cops, and fences
The fashion at SXSW is amazing!
These girls were just so captivating, I loved how this photo turned out!!!
Reppin that FR3N3MY at SXSW 
Last but not least 
Justin Timberlake on the I Phone snap

Alysha and I again...





More at The Independent 
Thank you for checking out my blog xo

No comments: