Monday, October 8, 2012

17Th Annual Chumash Intertribal Pow Wow

This past weekend Kilian and I attended the 17th Annual Chumash Intertribal Pow Wow at the Live Oak Campground off the 154 Highway in the Santa Ynez Valley. I have been wanting to attend this Pow Wow for quite some time as I have a fascination for Santa Barbara County's Native Tribe, The Chumash, and their history with my (their) dear Santa Barbara. It was great to finally be in amongst local tribal leaders and their families as I was completely overwhelmed with Native American culture, beautiful costumes, and awesome jewelry and crafts. We spent the day soaking up local knowledge and getting inspired by a culture that has influenced the West Coast for generations on top of generations. I highly suggest attending a Native American Pow Wow during your lifetime. I hope this is one of many for myself! 

























Check the Native American flag with the real eagle head on the top!






xox

No comments: