Thursday, August 16, 2012

US Open of Surfing

Every year, tens and thousands of teeny bops, surf fanatics, skate rats,  and industry representatives gather to celebrate surfings most lucrative ASP event in Huntington Beach, CA :: THE US OPEN OF SURING! Hosted by the king of all sports brands (and child labor) NIKE, the event really gets better ever year with more money pumping into the contest. This year was my first experience at the US Open and it was a great one! Kilian and I took some time to meet up with my cousin Rebecca and her boyfriend Troy and headed down to the beach to watch all the action. I am bummed that Dane didn't win but happy that Julian held it down over Brazil. USA BABY. Big congrats to Montecito locals Lakey Peterson and Conner Coffin. You make our town proud! Other than the surfing, it was awesome to watch the skaters shred the Coastal Carnage bowl that Conversase (NIKE) put up. Congrats to BONES rider Ben Raybourn! 

Check out some pics!

Live art is always appreciated 
Racks on racks
that looks FUN!



I love this picture! All the skaters just chilling. 
I spy Eric Koston and my fav skater David Gravette 
My Cousin Rebecca and I
Biggest wave rider EVER Nate Fletcher and Kilian
Nate, Kil, and Mickey
Becca
Lovas
da Boys! 
thanks Bud Light! 
That was a fun weekend! Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments: