Wednesday, November 24, 2010

VANS All Girls Combi Pool Classic

This past weekend I had the opportunity to witness a moment in history that I will never forget, the first ever ALL GIRLS VANS Combi Pool Classic. I was there helping out my associates, professional female skateboarders Mimi Knoop and Cara-Beth Burnside. Burnside is the equivalent of a female Tony Hawk when it comes to skateboarding and both girls have a pleathera of X-Games Titles under their belts. For more info on them, check out their team page on the hoopla skateboards webstie. I am currently assisting Skate One with their female skate brand hoopla skateboards, so I went down to the Block in Orange County to set up the vendor tent and show my support as it relates to female skateboarding. All of our flow girls and pro riders did an amazing job skating in the event and I was proud to be there supporting them. All I can say is that I really need to skating the vert. I am totally inspired. I don't really surf, so skateboarding is my calling when it comes to action sports. Hopefully soon I can rock the bowl.
For more information on the event, please check out Concrete Disciples "You've Come Along Way, Baby"
Allysha Bergado
My six year old friend Annika Vrklan. I LOVE THIS KID! The picture says it all.
Mimi Knoop upsidedown
Cara-Beth Burnside grinding away at the coping
The BEST Female Skaters in the industry! Way to go ladies!

No comments: