Friday, July 2, 2010

Art Shack

I have to say, I had quite the amazing time at the Laguna Beach Art Museum a couple weeks ago at the opening of the current exhibit- Art Shack. Each artists' exhibitions were uniquely different from the next and it was a pleasure to travel from shack to shack and marvel at the installations. Artist Adam Mars and I started the evening at the Hurley / Nike/ Converse 225 Store in Laguna with mojiotos in hand surrounded by the ehibit's artists. After having a couple of cocktails and warm conversations, we walked over to the museum to enoy the show. The high lite of my evening was meeting the legendary Don Ed Hardy and Craig Stecyk. It truley was a blessing as I have been inspired by their art for a quite some time now.  I hope you enjoy the photos and if you have time, please try and make it over to Art Shack.
 
For more information about the show please and how you can view it go to Laguna Beach Art Museum
Liz McGrath - The Folly of Saint Hubertus... This was by far my favorite at the exhibit!! The lil doe was covered in 5K worth of swarski crystals... oooh lalala!

Kenny Scharf - Space Arrow interior

Mike Shine - Shine Shack
 Legendary skateboard artist Craig Stecyk
 Jason Maloney - Amber Alert.... I NEED ONE OF THESE PLUSH ELEPHANTS!
The one and only, Don Ed Hardy.........
Adam Mars and I at the Hurley 225 Artist pre party for the show

High Res photos courtsey of Steve Yennie & Hi Fructose Mag

No comments: