Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shepard X Live Strong X Lance Armstrong



It is fun keeping an eye on Shepard. He has blown up so hard in the past 2 years, although he has been blowing up for a long time now... for those of you who are up on your art game know this. I was pretty damn star struck the first time I saw him at an art show in Laguna Beach, the Juxtapoz Factor, where he was DJing, one of his favorite past times.

Yet another amazing collaboration, Lance asked Shepard to do his ad campaign for Live Strong. As if Lance needs more celeb attention,I guess the guy is very deserving and is quite accomplished. Whateves. Hommie is cool.

Shepard notes:
"Cancer has affected my life like it has millions of others. Both my mom’s sisters died of breast cancer and my mom underwent a double preventative mastectomy because of her genetic predisposition to breast cancer. A good friend of mine, Justin Van Hoy is about to have a bone marrow transplant because of his Leukemia. When Lance Armstrong asked me to participate in his “Stages” art project, and create a mural for the side of the Montalban Theater in Hollywood, I was honored and glad to help the cause. Check out Lance’s foundation at www.livestrong.org.
-Shepard"

LA///FIRST LOOK///SHEPARD FAIREY x LANCE ARMSTRONG FOR LIVESTRONG AT NIKE’S MONTALBAN THEATER

Source: Obey Giant

No comments: